Call for Teen Mentors
Thank you for your interest in becoming a mentor! ElevArte’s commitment to quality arts education and programming is being extended to serve our older youth with additional resources that will support them as growing artists, professionals and community members.
• Mandatory one-year volunteer commitment from Jan. 2016-Dec. 2016
• Submit documents for a background check and fingerprints (this is a free, one-time process)
• Must complete a online Mandated Reporter Training and submit certification (Takes approximately 30min for completion)
• Submit current resume to Lizette@elevartestudio.org
What does a mentor do?
• Meets with paired mentee for minimum of 3 hours a month
• Attends quarterly mentorship meetings
• Models positive behavior and offers guidance
• Offer 1-on-1 support to mentees in areas such as job readiness and college prep
• Serve as a support system for mentee by offering guidance & assistance in educational and career paths
• Work with mentee to set and reach obtainable yearly and monthly goals