Elevarte (formerly Pros Arts Studio) is a community-based organization which uses the arts as a means for youth development. A dedicated cadre of teaching artists and youth inspire and support each other as art makers and active citizens. We create youth-activated safe spaces through three core programs: In- School Residencies, Out-of-School-Time Programs, and Community Celebrations.
Excitement is in the air for what our future holds and we can't wait to share with you our new opportunities:
Schedule: Monday, Tuesday, Thursdays
9:30a-1:30pm & Wednesdays from 4-8p (modifications possible, but should avoid peak heat times)
Program Dates: June 25th – Aug 3rd
Mandatory New Instructor Training: Saturday, May 5th 9a-1p
Pay Rate: $13 - $25 per hour. (Based on experience and determined by After School Matters)
The hired instructor would begin program recruitment in mid May and begin teaching at the end of June.
Seeking youth advocates committed to the organization's mission and growth while serving on the Board of Directors.
- Must be available for monthly meetings
Those interested in this position should send a letter of interest and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org, to the attention of Alejandro Espinoza.
ElevArte seeks an instructor for our summer teen program, Pilsen Urban Garden Project: The Art of Community. The Pilsen Urban Garden Project is in partnership with NeighborSpace and works to transform and maintain community garden spaces.
Learn how to grow a veggies, compost a banana peel, design a bench, and throw a garden party with musicians, face painting, and food! This community garden, art, and social practice program gets teens hands in the dirt, paint, and on power tools. Teens host the program’s closing celebration and guests learn about the garden’s food and plants while enjoying a teen curated performances and/or exhibitions.
Pilsen Urban Garden Project: The Art of Community is an After School Matters program that will run for 6 weeks, 16 hours a week. As the instructor, you will facilitate instruction to 16 teens in the Pilsen neighborhood. You will also be responsible for teen recruitment, collecting youth paperwork, ensuring that attendance is entered daily and on time, as well as other daily task.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be patient and skilled in youth development
- Must have knowledge in gardening and space making
- 2+ years experience as a teaching artist preferred
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the program and organization(s)
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and activities
- Must be organized and able to turn in neat documentation
- Experience working with young people from a variety of backgrounds.
- Curriculum writing experience is a plus
- Needs to have a positive attitude and be a self starter
- Must be able to improvise/be flexible
- Access to a car to transport materials (when needed) is a plus
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) is a plus
Email your resume & cover letter to Stephanie Barragan at email@example.com