Yes we do......! We have several amazing apprenticeship opportunities for area high school youth interested in learning about art (digital photography just being one). We also have this intensely exciting knit&crochet program titled "TEJER Y PODER" instructed by Thelma Uranga and Adriana Baltazar (both PAS mentors). Program interviews are taking place this week and maybe one day next week so get moving and apply online at: www.afterschoolmatters.org! Three Programs, all 10-weeks in duration!
- Program #1 - "Journeys/Migrations and the Document" (digital photography)
- Tuesday, Friday (5pm-8pm) & Saturday (10am-1pm)
- Start Date: October 4th, 2011
- Instructor: Anthony Marcos Rea
- Program #2 - "Tejer y Poder" (knit & crochet)
- Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday (5pm-8pm)
- Start Date: October 5th, 2011
- Instructors: Thelma Uranga & Adriana Baltazar
- Program #3 - "The J-Def Peace Project" (mural painting)
- Wednesday, & Thursday (2:30pm-5:30pm), Saturday (11am-2pm)
- Start Date: October 5th
- Instructors: Jeff Maldonado & Denise Carrasco
- IMPORTANT - The J-Deff Peace Project is only available to Juarez Community Academy HS students
So here are the basics! You learn a new medium or enhance what you already know, you build a portfolio or a set of new objects, you meet new people (aka-NETWORKIN'), develop some ever important job-readiness skills (so crucial) and you have a great time in the process! your first step is APPLYING online at: www.afterschoolmatters.org then call Pros Arts Studio at #312-226-7767 to schedule an interview!
Below are the promotional flyers for both programs. Check them out for additional information!