Year Up Chicago Opportunity Year Up is an intensive, one year program focused on preparing disconnected young adults (ages18-24 with a high school diploma or GED) for corporate careers in Information Technology. The first 6 months of the program are focused on coursework in the areas of information technology, business communications, and professional skills. After successful completion of the coursework, the students are then placed on a six month internship with a corporate company. Some of our corporate partners include JP Morgan Chase, Google, and Bank of America. Additionally, through our program our students have the ability to earn up to 18 college credits from Harold Washington College for free, as well as an educational stipend totaling approximately $600 per month while they are taking classes and $900 per month while they are in their internship. Year Up has achieved wonderful outcomes including 100% placement of qualified students in internships, 84% employed or in school full time within 4 months of completing our program, and graduates of our program have an average starting salary of approximately $30,000 annually.
A strong Year Up applicant will:
- Be motivated and have a positive attitude
- Have an interest in technology
- Be able to handle a college level class (community college english 100 or 101)
- Be able to commute downtown every day and commit to the entire year of the program
- Be able to meet high expectations regarding punctuality, attendance, completing assignments
Below is the YearUp - Chicago Application!
Year Up - Chicago
203 N. LaSalle St., Suite M18
Chicago, IL 60601